I've been listening more closely to the expanded SVEGLIATI E UCCIDI. Following are a few remarks regarding the unreleased material:
- track 11 : a minimalist percussion-only (including bells) suspense, very much in the manner of what EM was writing at the time in his western scores. Perhaps a bit too long?
- track 13 : beside the already mentioned harpsichord segment, I noticed Lisa Gastoni is adding an expressive sigh just prior to the first bars of the tune.
- track 20 : a superb flute variation of the main theme over up-tempo harpsichord scansions. Alas way too short!
- track 22 : this rendition of the main theme opens with an interesting suspense mood.
- track 23 : a somewhat repetitive shake, with a nice B-part though. Nothing essential but it certainly provides some variation toward the end of the album.
Many tracks are otherwise simply very close to the previously available material, characterized mostly by minor differences in their arrangement or duration.
But a great album it is for sure!